Enjoyable, Economical Vehicle Ownership
At Smithfield Fast Lube, we make your vehicle ownership more enjoyable, economical, and convenient by combining all your automotive needs in a single personalized online garage.
Based in Smithfield, VA, our car maintenance shop provides oil changes, headlight replacement, and a variety of other preventive maintenance services. We’re here to answer all of your questions about car ownership and how to keep your vehicle in top working condition.
With your Online Garage, you’ll get:
- Money-saving coupons & specials
- Access to your vehicle information
- Automatic service reminders
- Ownership tools & benefits
- And much more!
We strive to keep our customers informed when it comes to maintaining their vehicle and preventing problems from occurring. If you have any additional questions, please contact us today!
How do you check your tire pressure?
Prevent tire damage and check your tires often! Using a tire pressure gauge, check your tires before driving or a couple of hours after driving. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Insert the tire pressure gauge into the tire’s valve stem.
- If using a digital pressure gauge, you can view the pressure reading on the screen.
- If using a traditional tire pressure gauge, you’ll want to listen for a hissing sound of releasing air.
- The gauge should show a number.
- Compare the measured number to the number in your car owner’s manual.
How do you drive in the snow safely?
Virginia motorists are no stranger to snowy weather. If you’re new to driving in snowy conditions, here are some tips to help you enjoy a safe and smooth ride:
- Have your vehicle’s transmission & power wheel system inspected before winter arrives.
- Clear off all snow and ice from your windows. Make sure you have optimal visibility.
- Move the steering wheel as gently as possible. Avoid jerky movements.
- When turning, slow down sooner and gently. This is essential when conditions are slippery.
- Ease off the gas pedal if your front wheels skid.
- If the rear of your vehicle slides to one side, turn the steering wheel in the same direction that the rear wheels are turning.
- Ease on the gas pedal if your car begins to slide.
- Do not accelerate when turning corners in slippery or snowy conditions.
How often do you need a car inspection in Virginia?
How often do you need an oil change?